.entry-content img { border: #000000 2px solid; }

Sunday, August 12, 2018

NY Lakes & Seaway Tour Day 1

This was a pretty challenging day with plenty of climbing.  We had a slightly later start than normal in order to accommodate the opening time of the motel restaurant breakfast service.  That contributed to my decision to cut short the attempt on climbing Whiteface Mountain (I turned back at 4 pm when I was about 2.5 miles from the summit).  I was also out of water and one hamstring was starting to cramp, forcing me to walk at times.

The main part of today's route was excellent, with very good roads and wide shoulders most of the time.  We rode a ferry from VT to NY about 22 miles after leaving Burlington VT.  Snack and lunch stops were placed around 25 miles apart.  We are staying at Lake Placid tonight, site of the 1932 and 1980 Olympics.














2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I thought you mentioned getting a cramp on Whiteface. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice POV on the photos ..
    Give RD a hug,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete