.entry-content img { border: #000000 2px solid; }

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kicking off the new year


2010 has started here in central NC with mostly fair skies but below normal temperatures. Greensboro Velo Club hosted a Polar Bear Ride on Jan. 1 - initially I thought I would go for 61 miles but decided to go on the "medium" route of 41 due to obligating myself for a 200K brevet the next day in Salisbury NC (north of Charlotte). With tooling around Greensboro before the ride started, I ended up with 46 miles. Temperatures dropped into the 20s and the wind picked up for Saturday's (Jan. 2) brevet. The seven of us participating had a strong tailwind the first 60 miles down to Mt. Gilead, and paid for it coming back. I finished around 7:40 p.m. with the aid of lights and reflective clothing. My thanks to Keith Sutton of Virginia Beach who waited for me at the last two controls and helped immensely in navigating.

No comments:

Post a Comment